NMSU

rocki

Western_101 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:42 pm Problem with hire of Myers Hendrckson is what our club desperately needed was legitimacy.  Plain fact is you are 34 years old. In the mind of the 60 year old coaches you are a position coach.  SMALL NAIA to essentially lower end G-5?  I don't doubt his love for the game. This league requires guys with more time at either big programs or successful small programs. I think this was a sentimental hire.  It is a hard sell also when all of his photos look like he is a comb over church preacher.

Until you decide to pony up the BIG bucks to hire a (what you consider) legitimate coach, support what we have. Lighten up, Francis.
meganeck

Western_101 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:42 pm Problem with hire of Myers Hendrckson is what our club desperately needed was legitimacy.  Plain fact is you are 34 years old. In the mind of the 60 year old coaches you are a position coach.  SMALL NAIA to essentially lower end G-5?  I don't doubt his love for the game. This league requires guys with more time at either big programs or successful small programs. I think this was a sentimental hire.  It is a hard sell also when all of his photos look like he is a comb over church preacher.

Lincoln Riley was 34 when Oklahoma hired him
Tere North

The biggest concern I have is having his Dad on the staff. That does not bode well for him being his on man, nor for gaining the respect of his coaches or players.

It was bad enough when Coach Crane effectively had her Dad on staff when she was coaching Women's Basketball. 

Why repeat that problem. Yes, we won under Coach Crane for a while, but she started with some good players and landed Zane. Once that waned, it was downhill. Being a player or an Asst Coach and having to listen to Coach and Dad is not a good recipe.
meganeck

New Mexico St just beat Auburn. NMSU has nine wins, 2nd most in school history, and will play in the CUSA title game.