Game Day Atmosphere for ISU

GV Dad

I really really hope the Athletic Dept is ready for the likely attendance boost for the ISU game due to the “Mega Reunion” going on that weekend. They need to expand concessions, especially around beer sales and Apparel.  This is a chance for a very significant revenue boost, we can’t waste it. 
4EverPurple&Gold

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:02 am I really really hope the Athletic Dept is ready for the likely attendance boost for the ISU game due to the “Mega Reunion” going on that weekend. They need to expand concessions, especially around beer sales and Apparel.  This is a chance for a very significant revenue boost, we can’t waste it. 

I hope so too! But we all know they aren't at all. 

This is a great opportunity to raise some money. We need to go all out and make this a great experience and if we could win... that would be the cherry on top

GV Dad

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:26 am
GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:02 am I really really hope the Athletic Dept is ready for the likely attendance boost for the ISU game due to the “Mega Reunion” going on that weekend. They need to expand concessions, especially around beer sales and Apparel.  This is a chance for a very significant revenue boost, we can’t waste it. 

I hope so too! But we all know they aren't at all. 

I was trying to be optimistic LOL 

GV Dad

If anyone reading this thread is active in the planning/hosting of the Mega reunion, it would be awesome if we could ask the folks attending, that know they want to go to the game, to purchase advanced tickets.  That would really help the athletic dept be prepared.  We don't want to discourage walk ups obviously, but having advanced knowledge would be a big help.  
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

There's actually a ton of stuff going on in/around Macomb that weekend.
  • Home football game against Illinois State
  • MEGA Reunion
  • "Art Wind Fire" Festival - downtown art festival, balloon rally, disc golf tournament
  • Forgottonia 50th Anniversary Celebration
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000