Illinois State

wiu712

Illinois State shrugs off slow start to surge past Western Illinois.
From the Bloomington Pantagraph:
https://pantagraph.com/sports/college/i ... eea9c.html

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:I want the person who counts attendance job if there were only 3600 people there 
Apparently the capacity of the stadium is incorrect. According to John Bierbaum, it's actually 12.4k. He says there's 4,400 on the west side and 8,000 on the east side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

Wow, 

who didn't know we didn't have a 16,000 seat stadium?
sealhall74

If the average college game fan butt size has increased at a pace similar to that of the players on the field, then it has to be true.
We got less total capacity now than what we had back in the 60s and 70s and it is decreasing every year.  ;)

Embrace the pace of the race.
HoosierNeck13

Thoughts on the game :(listened to the 1st half and part of second):

We need to learn to run the ball and or it's going to be a long season. Not sure if it's a coaching or execution issue-as big as our OLine is, this shouldn't be an issue.

We need to learn to stop the run and not give up big plays ( add a extra DL and plug the hole up the middle).
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Western_101 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:22 am Wow,

who didn't know we didn't have a 16,000 seat stadium?

The Athletics website doesn't know:
Hanson Field now officially seats 16,368 fans; however, the extensive hillside surrounding the playing field allows for thousands more to enjoy a game.
(https://goleathernecks.com/sports/2014/ ... aspx?id=23)

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

So what is the most accurate way to determine attendance when you dont have customers walk through turnstyles or have their tickets verified by computer?  I think its a good opportunity for some AI.  Wait until middle of second quarter (we have lots of stragglers).  From east stands, take a hi res photo of the west stands and hillside (I was there).  Do the same looking at the east stands.  Let a computer count the heads in the captured images.

I would bet it would be accurate within 5%.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:21 am So what is the most accurate way to determine attendance when you dont have customers walk through turnstyles or have their tickets verified by computer?  I think its a good opportunity for some AI.  Wait until middle of second quarter (we have lots of stragglers).  From east stands, take a hi res photo of the west stands and hillside (I was there).  Do the same looking at the east stands.  Let a computer count the heads in the captured images.

I would bet it would be accurate within 5%.

When I worked game days we had a clicker to count students then counted the amount of Stubbs 
wiu712

Western uses a clicker-counter for recording student attendance.  Students enter the game by showing their ID at the gate.

sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:32 am Western uses a clicker-counter for recording student attendance.  Students enter the game by showing their ID at the gate.

I dont recall seeing one yesterday but I was not looking that closely.  We ended up going in the south entrance.
The one closest to the beer and wine booth.  Does the band get "clicked in"?