Illinois State

leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:51 am
wiu712 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:32 am Western uses a clicker-counter for recording student attendance.  Students enter the game by showing their ID at the gate.

I dont recall seeing one yesterday but I was not looking that closely.  We ended up going in the south entrance.
The one closest to the beer and wine booth.  Does the band get "clicked in"?

I don’t either but I also was paying that much attention 

4EverPurple&Gold

dogwhisper wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:29 pm
wiu712 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:55 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:15 pm No rosters today 

They were handing out the game programs as people were leaving after the game.  They said that the programs arrived at Hanson Field after the game had started.

Really???

This is ridiculous... unacceptable and also super embarrassing too.

On another note, feel like we took a step back this week. We really need to win against Lindenwood or I am worried 
sealhall74

HoosierNeck13 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:01 am Thoughts on the game :(listened to the 1st half and part of second):

We need to learn to run the ball and or it's going to be a long season. Not sure if it's a coaching or execution issue-as big as our OLine is, this shouldn't be an issue.

We need to learn to stop the run and not give up big plays ( add a extra DL and plug the hole up the middle).

There is a couple different kinds of "big".  I did not really know that until I went to our game at Camp Randall a few years back.  Their lines were BIG.  We looked tiny compared to them.  Seriously.  No joke.

Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

My biggest question is: what happened to the OL Saturday? I'm impressed by the improvement in QB play this year, but it seemed his protection just fell apart.
sealhall74

rocki wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:55 pm My biggest question is: what happened to the OL Saturday? I'm impressed by the improvement in QB play this year, but it seemed his protection just fell apart.

According to Pantagraph writeup, they came with the safefy blitz repeatedly.  I am not sure you can blame the OL in that case.  Maybe the armchair QBs can weigh in on this but is a bltizer more a responsibility of the RB(s)?  I dont see our QB having a lot of elusiveness (a little maybe) but he was our leading rusher on Saturday with 30 yards gained from scrimmage. Mindboggling how bad our running game is.  Hell, I would consider giving the little WR Parker the ball in the backfield now and then and see what he could make happen.  I think they did give him the ball once on the infamous jet sweep for a short gain.  He is elusive.

bignecks

We were running with Glatz early in the game and he was doing a great job at getting yards after he was touched. Then they started running Ludovick and quickly gave up the run altogether. I think Glatz needs to be the RB1. I know Ludovick is a senior and I respect that they want to give him a chance, but I think Glatz has to be getting the majority of touches going forward. 
sealhall74

Will the next JC Baker please step forward - an RB who could get a lot out of the tiniest holes in the line presented to him, if any at all.
Career best 175 against the daunting Bison back in 2014.
bignecks

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:39 pm Will the next JC Baker please step forward - an RB who could get a lot out of the tiniest holes in the line presented to him, if any at all.
Career best 175 against the daunting Bison back in 2014.

That's Glatz