Wisconsin Game

WIU0812

Game is getting ready to start everyone join the gameday chat even if you do not plan to use so that we can get a good test of this and see what it can take. http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/mchat.php
wiu712

Wisconsin won the game 37-3.

Nathan Knuffman kicked a 29 yard field goal to end the first half, making the score 9-3.

Nathan Knuffman punted 7 times with an average of 43 yards. Two punts were inside the 20. Longest punt was 58 yards.

Trenton Norvell was 13 for 21 for 108 yards. One interception.

Western had 11 first downs while Wisconsin had 25.

Western had 162 total yards while Wisconsin had 456.

Attendance was 77,125.
BobLovely

The game was a lot of fun. The safety on the opening kick-off was caused by a mental lapse. Western's defense played a great first half but got worn down in the second half as the Western offense could not stay on the field. The Western offense blew some good opportunities in the first half that could have made a difference in the final outcome. One thing I was impressed with was how Western largely shut down the Wisconsin run game with outstanding line play and tackling. Wisconsin kept drives alive by throwing passes to their tight ends and Western's pass coverage was often in position but could not get critical stops on third down.

A typical big crowd at Camp Randall Stadium with many students in attendance. The Western fans at the game were very supportive and vocal for the Leathernecks.

Bob
WIU02

Just got back from the game. Lots of good to take away from the first half. We looked great against their run, but couldn't pressure McEvoy very often on passing downs. He had lots of time to throw the ball which resulted in a high completion percentage. Camp Randall is loud, we will not experience an atmosphere like that again this season. I was a little disappointed with our passing game, but very pleased with our running game, and defense in the first half. I see this team making big strides this year, and am looking forward to Evanston in a couple of weeks.

Good to see a large number of WIU fans who are here in Mad town.
sealhall74

We contained Gordon well and I am pretty sure that was by design but McEvoy had his way with us, on the ground and in the air. Mobile QBs have caused us much grief past year or so - probably related to fact our own QB is not too mobile. You get good at what you practice against and not so good at what you don't practice against. Is it just me, or did Badger line look friggin' huge out there?
Embrace the pace of the race.
huskie

Is there a reason the Necks didn't rotate in any more defensive players?
HoosierNeck

Minus the opening kickoff and the 2nd half, I thought we put up a good fight. We will be fine next week against Drake and I'm liking our chances against NW (the Big 10 is down this year, we might have had a chance to beat Purdue.) I' not aware of any injuries but is Nikko still on suspension?
beauspencer

I was sitting in the Wisconsin season ticket section, and many Badgers fans would "oooh" Nathan Knuffman's punts. Knuffman has improved immensely in the punting game. Very impressed.
WIU0812

I just hope that safety does not Make the espn not top 10
Neckfansince71

The first half we dodged some bullets and also shot ourselves in the foot with the interception. But I loved the way the "boys" competed. Seems like our line had more luck opening holes early than providing pass protection. No Nikko made it a bit tough too. Their DB's were man to man on our WR's which really made it tough to get that part of the game going. This team has come a long way but still has a long way to go. I definitely like the way things are headed. The NU game should be very interesting to say the least. ;) jc