2023-24 Expectations

bignecks

What are the expectations for the women this year? We have a lot of the same cast back and some new players. I haven't heard much about the new players. Anybody think they have a read on where the team should be?
Bball Fan

Didn't see much at the Scrimmage to base an opinion, but no true post presence will be a challenge. 

leatherneckcountry

It comes down to the pg we haven't had one since O graduated. I'm not really worried about post our best teams under JD really didn't have much post.
sealhall74

Need an uptick from last year's 3pt shooting.  Since 2017 (the year following NCAA run) when we shot a blistering .358 from deep, we have been in the .310 - .330 range for the most part EXCEPT for last year when we shot only .282
The 2017 figure would have made top 25 last year.

Interesting stat is we shot about equal from the charity stripe last year (.753)  compared to 2017 (.752)
Not sure what to read into that stat but some good shooters just get to the line more than others.

Embrace the pace of the race.
bignecks

Last year I felt like the ball would just stop moving. It felt like we weren't getting the same quality of 3 pt percent as past seasons. I hate to single out somebody not on the team anymore, but it felt like Jada Thorpe would frequently stall offensive movement. Getting passers who understand the offense on the floor should help the offense to come alive again.