Head Coaching Search

dogwhisper

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:17 am I can’t be the only one who has been on Twitter trying to figure out who has started following coaches recently 

Guess you are, what did you figure out?
NewNeck

Bball wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:27 am I trust Paul Bubb and the committee to make the right choice. Anxious to hear the selection.

Whoever it is will need the full support of Leatherneck nation. Major rebuild on the docket for this coach & new staff. 
meganeck

I have no idea who applied or who the finalists are, but I had seen a couple places saying you would be surprised at the the quality of applicants. I haven't heard any names of any applicants besides the current NFL assistant WR coach and I have no idea if he is a finalists. Anyway I have no idea who any of the finalists are, just read in this thread a couple of MVFC assistants have been hinted about as finalists. Nothing against any of them, but if true, I am kinda underwhelmed on the supposed quality of applicants if these are the finalists. Did people think only high school coaches or lower level coaches would apply. Anyway just anxious for this processes to be over with and start worrying about player additions and subtractions. 
leatherneckcountry

meganeck wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:56 am I have no idea who applied or who the finalists are, but I had seen a couple places saying you would be surprised at the the quality of applicants. I haven't heard any names of any applicants besides the current NFL assistant WR coach and I have no idea if he is a finalists. Anyway I have no idea who any of the finalists are, just read in this thread a couple of MVFC assistants have been hinted about as finalists. Nothing against any of them, but if true, I am kinda underwhelmed on the supposed quality of applicants if these are the finalists. Did people think only high school coaches or lower level coaches would apply. Anyway just anxious for this processes to be over with and start worrying about player additions and subtractions. 

I did notice a few people following ISU OC who got fired from U of I along with the OC from EIU who I’ve kinda came around on

Rockydog

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:20 pm
meganeck wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:56 am I have no idea who applied or who the finalists are, but I had seen a couple places saying you would be surprised at the the quality of applicants. I haven't heard any names of any applicants besides the current NFL assistant WR coach and I have no idea if he is a finalists. Anyway I have no idea who any of the finalists are, just read in this thread a couple of MVFC assistants have been hinted about as finalists. Nothing against any of them, but if true, I am kinda underwhelmed on the supposed quality of applicants if these are the finalists. Did people think only high school coaches or lower level coaches would apply. Anyway just anxious for this processes to be over with and start worrying about player additions and subtractions. 

I did notice a few people following ISU OC who got fired from U of I along with the OC from EIU who I’ve kinda came around on

Some of the players really liked the EIU guy.
leatherneckcountry

Rockydog wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:03 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:20 pm

Some of the players really liked the EIU guy.

I wasn’t sold but Ive kinda came around I like him more than either ISU guy 

Rockydog

Completely agree!  With the all talk about such a strong candidate pool and hearing Tony Sorrentino was in the running, I was seriously thinking we could be getting someone great!  Sounds like we’re down to a couple MVFC assistants and a D2 head Coach 🙄
Rockydog

And I’m hearing the D2 HC is most likely the guy.
leatherneckcountry

I’m guessing whoever they can get for the cheapest will be the guy
leatherneckcountry

In fairness Nielsen was a D2 coach when we hired him