Head Coaching Search

leatherneckcountry

vatusay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:39 pm
Necks90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:28 pm Can someone tell me why several of you are enamored with an assistant wide receivers coach from the NFL? He's not even the wide receivers coach, but the assistant! I'm more interested in FCS/FBS coordinators or a solid D2 guy who has ran his own program!! Go Necks!!

Especially one that in an interview I watched stated himself “it’s all about who you know”.  Yes, has an incredibly impressive connections list. Zero experience running a team or program. 

My concern with an FCS coordinator is that the last time we hired one they rode Nielsen players for 2 yrs then got out of town when it was time for his guys to step up.

NewNeck

Won’t be riding Hens players whoever new guy is. Roster needs to be basically overhauled. Especially OL/dl. 

The quarterfinals this weekend were full of former FCS coordinators leading their respective programs…
NewNeck

:)
 …including former Neck OL coach Jason Eck @ Idaho
sealhall74

Rockydog wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:01 pm
vatusay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:57 pm
Rockydog wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:19 pm

Not saying a D2 HC can’t do a great job.  Just a bit underwhelming compared to an NFL coach.

Assistant wr coach. No experience above that, really. 

Yes, but at the HIGHEST level of the game.  Sorry, I’ll take that over D2 or even FCS ALL DAY LONG.

Highest level where any single person has the least impact, other than maybe a Tom Brady player.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Rockydog

Necks90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:28 pm Can someone tell me why several of you are enamored with an assistant wide receivers coach from the NFL? He's not even the wide receivers coach, but the assistant! I'm more interested in FCS/FBS coordinators or a solid D2 guy who has ran his own program!! Go Necks!!

“Enamored” is ridiculous.  We all know the finalist are FCS coordinators and a a D2 HC, so you are getting exactly what you are interested in.  
Rockydog

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:44 am
vatusay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:57 pm

Assistant wr coach. No experience above that, really. 

Yes, but at the HIGHEST level of the game.  Sorry, I’ll take that over D2 or even FCS ALL DAY LONG.

Highest level where any single person has the least impact, other than maybe a Tom Brady player.

It’s clear this fanbase/alumni groups want to keep doing the same thing over again, and expecting a different result.  Look, you haven’t had a successful season in how long??  And even when you did it was short lived.  So laugh go ahead, tell me ALL the reasons a non traditional hire is a stupid idea, and I’ll just keep reminding you all of your record.

Between these simple minded opinions and all the insults being thrown at at the players (when you had the same EXACT record last year before about half of them got here), it’s becoming more and more clear why leatherneck football is what it is.

sealhall74

Rockydog wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:02 am
sealhall74 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:44 am

It’s clear this fanbase/alumni groups want to keep doing the same thing over again, and expecting a different result.  Look, you haven’t had a successful season in how long??  And even when you did it was short lived.  So laugh go ahead, tell me ALL the reasons a non traditional hire is a stupid idea, and I’ll just keep reminding you all of your record.

Between these simple minded opinions and all the insults being thrown at at the players (when you had the same EXACT record last year before about half of them got here), it’s becoming more and more clear why leatherneck football is what it is.

Hell, I was in favor of a high school coach from day 1.  I think that is about as "non-traditional" as you can get.  It is more about the qualities of the person, less where he is from or has been.
Embrace the pace of the race.
jtrinaldi

Anybody know who the actual finalists are ? Would surprise me if a head coach in D2 or D3 is hired after the Myers experiment….
leatherneckcountry

I couldn’t careless were our next coach comes from he could come from mars as far as I’m concerned. I just want to win games. I hate it when I stop going to games half way through the season because I simply don’t care and can’t wait for basketball season.
WIU2DC

leatherneckcountry wrote:I couldn’t careless were our next coach comes from he could come from mars as far as I’m concerned. I just want to win games. I hate it when I stop going to games half way through the season because I simply don’t care and can’t wait for basketball season.
This ^. I just want to watch a decent product, hope the new coach gets us better every year, and we aren’t a doormat anymore. I can careless if he coached pee-wee football as long as we win games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk