Transfers

QLotVeteran

meganeck wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:33 pm I see a Grad transfer put out a call for WRs, wanting Juco or transfer portal guys to hit him up.

A grad transfer?  
meganeck

sorry grad assistant
Neckfansince71

Just wondering, has the two word sentence, "be patient" disappeared from Leathernecknation message board.  And it seems that we move from one potential disaster from Head Coach hiring, to assistant Coach hiring, to current players and their move or lack of a move to the portal.  Yes, I know EIU got 16 recruits and USD got 20, and we only got 5, but those 5 are just the beginning.  Early signing is just that.  Lets just see who we get in the next couple of months.  You know, it would have been quite a fairy tail if Myer had worked out as head coach.  Everyone wanted him to succeed.  I was in the "give him time" camp up until it was obvious that we were not improving as a team, in fact, we were regressing quite rapidly.  Lindenwood started the slide and we repeated this "plot" to the end!  I was Impressed with Coach Davis's interview.  I know, some of you thought there were not enough members of the press there, but that will soon come.  Let's try to avoid any "sky is falling" scenarios for a while.  My 70+ years have taught me that you have got to let things happen.  As the Beatles said, "let it be!"  jc ;)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckfansince71 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:32 am Just wondering, has the two word sentence, "be patient" disappeared from Leathernecknation message board.  And it seems that we move from one potential disaster from Head Coach hiring, to assistant Coach hiring, to current players and their move or lack of a move to the portal.  Yes, I know EIU got 16 recruits and USD got 20, and we only got 5, but those 5 are just the beginning.  Early signing is just that.  Lets just see who we get in the next couple of months.  You know, it would have been quite a fairy tail if Myer had worked out as head coach.  Everyone wanted him to succeed.  I was in the "give him time" camp up until it was obvious that we were not improving as a team, in fact, we were regressing quite rapidly.  Lindenwood started the slide and we repeated this "plot" to the end!  I was Impressed with Coach Davis's interview.  I know, some of you thought there were not enough members of the press there, but that will soon come.  Let's try to avoid any "sky is falling" scenarios for a while.  My 70+ years have taught me that you have got to let things happen.  As the Beatles said, "let it be!"  jc ;)

Exactly. Coach Davis seems promising, lots of players like him, and the hiring committee likes him. Everyone who has met him seems to really like him. Like most new head coaches getting hired in December, you start off behind on recruiting, especially for the early signing period when you're also in the midst of trying to get things settled in your new location, looking at who you need to get hired for coaching staff, etc. It's not a surprise that the first recruiting class is a bit smaller than some other schools...especially the early recruiting period. Let Coach Davis do his thing and go pay attention to basketball...both teams are pretty decent btw.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

WIU picks up a transfer from  Delaware, a DB,Christian Pierce. 2 years of eligibility left.
Rockydog

Jay Parker entered the portal today.
rocki

Rockydog wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:02 pm Jay Parker entered the portal today.

Didn't he just play for us last year? I looked him up on the '23 roster and it said he was a grad student then, and had a previous college listed. Best of luck to him - I liked the way he played. 
meganeck

Rockydog wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:38 pm I saw a couple of current players entered the portal today.  QB Matt Morrissey was one of them.

In case anyone didn't see it, Morrissey is transferring to Eastern Kentucky.
QLotVeteran

Jeremiah Piper, CB from Western Michigan, has committed.  Chose us over Mercer, Albany and Rhode Island.  
NewNeck