vs Tennessee State

wiu712

WGEM Prediction:  Western Illinois 72, Tennessee State 64

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Massey says 73% chance of a win with a predicted score of 74-65 for the Leathernecks: https://masseyratings.com/game.php?gid=939108207
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

TSU is 5-11 overall, 2-4 conf. They are 0-6 on the road. Their conference wins are against Little Rock and Lindenwood. They last played Thursday and lost to Tennessee Tech 86-81. The Tigers do not show any Freshman on their roster, but have 8 seniors.
sealhall74

My synaptic neural net likes our chances.  My stat ranker has WIU ranked at the top of the conference as evidenced by the massive amount of blue in the chart below.   I am getting close to making all this info available online.  Note the ST (Special Teams) below does not apply to basketball.

Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

So, what is happening with the women's team? At the beginning of the season, I thought they were better than the men's team but the men's team seems to keep improving, whereas the women seem to be going backwards. Too many turnovers, passing is horribly sloppy.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote:So, what is happening with the women's team? At the beginning of the season, I thought they were better than the men's team but the men's team seems to keep improving, whereas the women seem to be going backwards. Too many turnovers, passing is horribly sloppy.
I don’t think they were used to the level of pressure that TSU was bringing. Still found a way to win though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Western wins 79-71 in overtime.

Raegan McCowan led the Western scoring with 28 points.  She had 11 Rebounds.

Western was 35 of 39 on Free Throws (90%).

Tennessee State had 14 Steals.

Attendance at Western Hall = 861

Neckfansince71

This game was absolutely hard to watch.  I am with you Rocki...........So lets take an entire practice and go 5 on 7, full court, no dribble.  Let's work on recognizing when to hold them and when to take it to the rack once you break the press.  We missed so so so many bunnies and inside shots.  And we threw the ball around like it was hot or very warm anyway.  Ball control anyone?  Of course it is always easier to sit in the cheap seats and my suggestions then to sit on the team bench and driving!  jc ;)

bignecks

What gets me is that the women have been incredible at getting the ball up the floor for all of Gravina's tenure. I don't understand how it can go from strength to weakness so suddenly. Now every team is pressing us too. We have to figure it out or the season will be lost. 
Bball Fan

I think too many Non D-1 games before Conference play didn't get them properly prepared. Agree need to practice 7 vs 5 press .