At Southern Indiana

sealhall74

meganeck wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:45 pm Coach was very frustrated on the post game show, couldn't say what he wanted to say. Seems to be frustrated with the officiating. Mentioned a couple times the game had no flow. Boudreau said he didn't have a problem, but seemed like anytime we got close to Hernandez we were called for a foul. Glad they got the win, I had my doubts their for a little bit. Anyway Southern Indiana is going to be a problem the next couple years at least.

Yep, along with Morehead St., they will play very competitive hoops largely because they are not putting any dollars into football.  Seemed to me they had a very good student crowd in the stands although I just watched the 2nd half with BJ Stone for audio.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

This game definitely felt like we were back in the summit with the amount of fouls called
wiu712

USI Men's basketball loses another close game in OVC tourney chase.
From the Evansville Courier & Press:
https://www.courierpress.com/story/spor ... 242879007/

vatusay

Great example of this team last night. Myers was hot then Dent. This team is 3-4 deep on who can just score anytime. In previous games it was kalakon. Cisse just phenomenal inside. Boards, rebounds, assists, steals. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:02 pm
meganeck wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:45 pm Coach was very frustrated on the post game show, couldn't say what he wanted to say. Seems to be frustrated with the officiating. Mentioned a couple times the game had no flow. Boudreau said he didn't have a problem, but seemed like anytime we got close to Hernandez we were called for a foul. Glad they got the win, I had my doubts their for a little bit. Anyway Southern Indiana is going to be a problem the next couple years at least.

Yep, along with Morehead St., they will play very competitive hoops largely because they are not putting any dollars into football.  Seemed to me they had a very good student crowd in the stands although I just watched the 2nd half with BJ Stone for audio.

Good point about no football team - I see Southern Indiana being similar to St Thomas in the Summit. I think both teams will end up dominating both conferences in most sports. BJ and Boudreau both complimented the arena saying it was very impressive.

vatusay

Exactly my thoughts on st Thomas and SIU.  What seems like a solid coach, already talented, and impressive facilities. Money to burn. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

vatusay wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:32 am Exactly my thoughts on st Thomas and SIU.  What seems like a solid coach, already talented, and impressive facilities. Money to burn.

USI actually, but also something to keep in mind is that St. Thomas is a private school in an urban area, whereas USI is a public regional university. The point about not having football is applicable though, plus USI is just outside of a small city about the size of Springfield or Peoria.

I see St. Thomas eventually moving their way up to the MVC, then possibly joining the A10 (with schools like SLU or DePaul) or possibly even the Big East (travel partner with Creighton?). They apparently have a decent number of wealthy alumni and have quite a bit of money themselves. They're also the only other DI school in Minnesota besides the University of Minnesota.

I feel like better comparisons for the "ceiling" of USI would be schools like Wichita State, VCU, or George Mason.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000