vs UT Martin (2/10/24)

may know

Article says this is the first-ever nationally televised game from Western Hall. Saturday is historic. What a huge deal for the school. 
Bball Fan

Come eat pancakes ahead of the game from 9 - tipoff for $10. You get tickets to three game along with pancakes.
may know

Bball wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:40 am Come eat pancakes ahead of the game from 9 - tipoff for $10. You get tickets to three game along with pancakes.

That’s awesome!
wiu712

WGEM Prediction:  Western Illinois 73, UT Martin 72

sealhall74

Looking good in the net neighborhood:

{
    Game: 6200495,
    team1: { id: 'UT Martin', prediction: { B: 46.88, S: 52.39, T: 37.56 } },
    team2: { id: 'Western Ill.', prediction: { B: 55.7, S: 66.26, T: 39.61 } }
  },

I have no white WIU apparel but I will be donning my Marling Baits T.  Nate Marling is my second favorite Youtuber behind Karolina Protsenko (do we have any violins in the pep band?)  ;)

Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Pretty sure we are still in control of our own destiny when it comes to the #2 seed in tournament.  This is a huge game for keeping us in that position.
Embrace the pace of the race.
NecksFan1523

Three things that I think we be big difference makers for us this morning if we're going to win

1) Need a crowd that is involved for a major of the game: I was watching the ESPN plus broadcast on Thursday and while there was a good amount of people, including students in the stands, I never heard them really being very vocal through the broadcast, and every time they showed the crowed, I saw a lot of people visiting with those around them or scrolling through phones instead of cheering during the game. The Pep Band was really the only group actively supporting the team for the entire ball game from what I saw and heard through the broadcast. I attended WIU during the Parks, Clarke, Houpt, and Tyler teams when 1,500-2000 people could make the hall very loud and difficult for opposing teams. We really need that today.

2) Win the rebounding battle: Rebounding is what keeps us in games as we get multiple 2nd, and 3rd attempts to score vs our opponents get 1 and done. UT-Martin is the only conference team close to us in total rebounds a game ( 41.2 vs 42.0 per game). I think whoever wins this particular stat category wins the game.

3. MAKE FREE THROWS: It has been brought up over, and over, and over on these discussion feeds for a reason. Free-throws are our extremely big achilleas heel and without a doubt have cost as our three loses at home by one possession (South Dakota, Tennessee St, and Little Rock). Yes, I don't think you can expect all players to be making 80%+ from the free throw line, but these are also division one players for goodness sakes. Making less then 50% on a regular basis, including multiple players who have made multiple free throws throughout the season where the ball doesn't even touch the rim should be unacceptable. If I was an opposing coach I would almost encourage my players to foul us anytime we attempt a lay-up or dunk, as the data says we'll be leaving points off the board because we can make a those free bees.
leatherneckcountry

I sure hope more people start piling in 
vatusay

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:19 am I sure hope more people start piling in 

I don’t like the sound of that……
#ALLIN #YOLO
may know

Band, spirit squads, student section have all brought their A-games. Good atmosphere!