vs Morehead State

wiu712

WGEM Prediction:   Morehead State 70, Western Illinois 66

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Massey says 40% chance of a win with a predicted score of 67-64 for Morehead State: https://masseyratings.com/game.php?gid=939098100
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

sealhall74

My neural network model has us about a 3 point favorite with a fairly high confidence level.
{
    Game: 6201001,
    team1: {
      id: 'Morehead St.',
      prediction: { B: 51.94, S: 48.92, T: 29.88, AVG: 43.58, SD: 9.77 }
    },
    team2: {
      id: 'Western Ill.',
      prediction: { B: 54.38, S: 52.12, T: 33.14, AVG: 46.55, SD: 9.52 }
    },
    betConfidence: 2.81
  },
B=BRAIN; S=SYNAPTIC; T=TENSORFLOW
Bet confidence values range from 1 to 3 (best)

It is all based on the following stats.  I apologize that the stat category tables do not have the color coding to easily spot strengths and weaknesses.  Not sure why the conversion to PDF format is not including them.  The radar/spider web chart shows pretty clearly that Morehead has an advantage in the 3 point shooting and turnover battle.  We have a slight advantage on the boards.

Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

I shared the facebook post and offered to pick up any friends on my way down 67 to Macomb.  No takers yet.  Maybe I can find a hitchhiker or two.  My Dad no longer with us, but he would always pick up hitchikers.  Never forget the time must have been circa 1962 or 63 we were on vacation coming back from the Great Smokies IIRC, picked up a young lad somewhere on our way home, must have been in Tennesse somewhere.  He did not say too much but as luck or pure chance would have it, he said he was heading to college in Macomb (He pronounced it Macum with hard A) and hopped in our VW bug next to my sister and me.  Rode all the way to Macomb and we let him off in front of Bennett Hall.  Who knows, he may have been heading to Macon GA that day and we misunderstood.  Only God knows how that journey ultimately turned out.  

vatusay

Hopefully they can shake off playing tight at home. Play loose have fun. Huge game. Maybe the biggest since SDSU in 2012. Balconies were open and partially filled for that one let’s hope can do it again this time around. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
NecksFan1523

vatusay wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:45 pm Hopefully they can shake off playing tight at home. Play loose have fun. Huge game. Maybe the biggest since SDSU in 2012. Balconies were open and partially filled for that one let’s hope can do it again this time around. 

Yup, I was there in the pep band that season for most of the games. Western Hall was ROCKIN for most of the Summit League Conference games that season. Photo is from the South Dakota State game you mentioned. Would love to see something close to this tomorrow night.

wiu712

First place on the line in Macomb !

𝐁𝐈𝐆 games need 𝐁𝐈𝐆 atmospheres‼️ We need everyone inside Western Hall this week.
- Thursday (Paint the Gym Purple) 🟣
- Saturday (Think Pink) 💝

sealhall74

On the subject of pep band, do we have one tonight or not?  Was there was a conflict with a band conference or something?  
It's ok if we dont.  We just have to go acapella in a very loud way, in harmony or not.    ;)

vatusay

Love that picture of TP. Pure athlete. Those teams were so fun to watch. And they had a great floor general/facilitator in ceola. 
#ALLIN #YOLO