Transfer Portal

4EverPurple&Gold

Tough to see McCowan go in the portal... anyone no why she would leave??? 
vatusay

I would bet she will end up at a decent high major program. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:02 pm Well, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer via this transfer portal.  I dont know how else you can look at from a low mid-major perspective.   At this level, the smartest thing to do might be to recruit 15 or 20 very quick and athletic ladies who are maybe not so talented in any one particular sport.  Develop them and let them play 2 or 3 sports for you.  Odds are you will keep them around long enough to earn a degree.  If they are quick enough with good hand eye coordination, they will win a few games of whatever in the OVC guaranteed from what I have seen of it this year.

To me it’s more about the NLI I don’t think as me kids would transfer without the NLI 
leatherneckcountry

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am Tough to see McCowan go in the portal... anyone no why she would leave??? 

Just like anything else it’s all about money it’s what sucks about this day and age of college sports. Now she’ll go to a coach who she wasn’t got enough to play for last year who will act like they always wanted her. 
4EverPurple&Gold

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am Tough to see McCowan go in the portal... anyone no why she would leave??? 

Just like anything else it’s all about money it’s what sucks about this day and age of college sports. Now she’ll go to a coach who she wasn’t got enough to play for last year who will act like they always wanted her. 

Good point, tough for JD... I know last couple years were tough and seemed to start building a great core again... hopefully he doesn't leave either cuz of that
pvk7072

If you want details every which way around and all over (transfers, recruiting classes, signees, previous years' signeees, etc.), this website has them for WBB ...

https://wbbblog.com/

If you research a specific player, it can also show who has made them offers. Go to "Transfers" on the top menu, then select the subhead "2023-24: D-1." At the bottom is a list of page numbers (schools are listed alphabetically page by page). I think WIU is listed on Page 14 right now. That can change depending on more schools having players to list.

McCowan and Randgaard are listed as "outs" but no "ins" yet.

jtrinaldi

Bball wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:49 am Absolutely zero surprise on Regan McCowan entering the transfer portal. Thanks for a very memorable year and wish her the best wherever she chooses to further her career. 

Agreed. Will be fun to watch her in the Big10 or SEC next year 
LeatherCy

MO State is just down the road and she could step in an help Mizzou who needs help right now in the SEC.
Bball Fan

Any news on where McCowan is transferring to ? 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Bball wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:50 am Any news on where McCowan is transferring to ? 

Probably still way too early to know that. I'm sure she's getting some interest/offers, but entering the portal does not 100% mean that she even is transferring, just that she's opening up her options to see where she might be able to go. I'm 99% sure she will end up going somewhere, but we probably won't know until at least a couple weeks after the championship game.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000