Jackrabbits in Brookings

huskie

If the weather doesn't get to bad I'll be there.
OldHare

The weather should not be expected to inhibit travel It may be expected to be colder than any other games to this point in the season. The SDSU athletic department is giving many spiffs to increase attendance. This could be one of the coldest if not the coldest games to be played at CAS. Attendance should be at least 4000. If the wind blows, the passing game could be slow for the QB's.
playermom/fan

Headed to Brookings tomorrow night...........Go Necks!!!
WIU0812

Better drive safe and dress warm it is going to be brutal. Heard the wind chill may be down below 0, though I have to expect the wind chill today and tonight for us is getting near single digits. Hopefully either us or SDSU has brought in large heaters for the players and fans.
BobLovely

Latest forecast for Brookings:

Saturday: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 22. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%

Bob
Western_101

what are spiffs?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote:what are spiffs?
Giveaways/incentives...usually referencing bonuses that retail salespeople receive for selling certain brands or hitting certain sales goals. In this instance, I think he just means that they're offering stuff to people that show up for the game.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
OldHare

RedNeck wrote:what are spiffs?
There are tickets for sale at $15 that offer some concessions with the purchase. Also, season ticket holders can print off some free general admission tickets to give to friends and family to boost attendance on one of the coldest days to have a football game at CAS. There must be concern that we will not fill the place up due to 15-20 degree weather with 60% potential snow sometime that day accompanied by some wind.
JackJD

Chance for snow now up to 70%. High for Saturday is 22.
sealhall74

Wish I could make the trip. First thing I would do is hit the Dairy Bar for some Cookies and Cream takeout.
Embrace the pace of the race.