Jackrabbits in Brookings

OldHare

If any of the Leathernecks make it to Brookings, the new indoor practice facility will be open for a couple of hours to get fans out of the weather.
http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... M_ID=15000
Western_101

Very nice looking facility. I can certainly see there was a need for this. The other 3 D-I Dakota schools have "domes" to practice in and such.

Maybe someday WESTERN will get one. What I envision happening is a re-purposing of Western Hall once The new Arena is built. Which I am sure is more than a Decade away at the soonest.
OldHare

Latest update on field conditions
https://twitter.com/terryvandrovec
rocki

Almost looks like another "snow bowl". :lol:
OldHare

It never did quit snowing. The wind was not a factor and the game was more pleasant than it may have been. It still was tough conditions though.
rocki

Good game by the Jackrabbits. We kind of stunk up the joint, but such is life.

Onward and upward!
wiu712

3,204 hearty souls braved the cold and snowy weather today.
Western_101

There really are times where I wish the League would let you Phone in a win.

Save the money, save the travel, save the anguish, and be that much more prepared for the next game.

I hope things are looking up for the future as far as prospects and our returners for next season.
rocki

I do have to give kudos to the Jackrabbits - I'm still amazed at how well they handled the conditions. Didn't seem to affect their running or passing.

I figured it would be 17 kinds of slick out there, but you'd never know it listening to the way they played.
DADfan

rocki wrote:I do have to give kudos to the Jackrabbits - I'm still amazed at how well they handled the conditions. Didn't seem to affect their running or passing.

I figured it would be 17 kinds of slick out there, but you'd never know it listening to the way they played.
As the game progressed you can see it was getting slicker and slicker. From what I heard out there on the field, The Rabbits adjusted and put on the longer cleats. Not sure if this would have changed the outcome, but they certainly weren't having problems with traction. IMO