SIU AD Job Opening

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
Neckfansince71

You know, honoring and remembering the past is important. I have always said that if I won the lottery it would be CarterStadium at Hanson Field! ;) jc
meganeck

VoiceOfReasonFan wrote:Sooooo... is nobody talking about the fact that SIU's AD job just opened up? You know, the school our AD has strong ties to, who's wife happens to be an Interim Dean at... Someone tell me we shouldn't be worried...

We love ya Tommy! Please stick around!
Tommy is indeed one of the four finalists for this position
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

I have no comment on this.......
sealhall74

WIU0812 wrote:I have no comment on this.......
I do. Tommy, not that I would be happy if you go, but if you do go, make sure you leave the instructions to those video boards in your desk drawer - we love them and we love you for bringing them to us. Also, if you go, make sure that is the only thing you leave in the desk drawer - I am sure most of us have heard this story before:

http://effectivecio.com/2009/04/20/three-envelopes/

;)
Last edited by sealhall74 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

Seal, I have a comment regarding the video boards. I attended the super sectional game at NIU. They have a very nice scoreboard with a small video board in each side. Except for advertisements they are totally too small to see anything else, ala game high lights, starting line-ups, and even crowd pics. Just ineffective in my opinion. I realize the "Hall" is smaller, but the boards,are a perfect size. ;) jc
meganeck

Tommy had his interview today. He supposedly told the group "he was standing before them because he wants to bring SIU athletics back to their glory days"

Doesn't sound like he is "allin" with WIU
WIU0812

So here s my question, assuming he doesn't get selected how is everyone gonna feel about him attempting to abandon WIU so soon?
meganeck

Not real good IMO, we know where his heart truly is and its not Macomb.
rocki

I agree with Meganeck....not good at all. I understand he's in a tough position with his wife being at SIU, but he took the job here under the same conditions. Don't think I'll ever really feel confident that he is trying to put Western "on the map" so to speak - I question his dedication now.