FCS football stadiums

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yea, I actually think that a bowl would hurt the "feel" of the stadium. Right now, being able to look to the south and see Sherman Hall and then being able to look north and see Thompson Hall, the Rec Center, etc....it's a nice view and really makes you feel like you're in the middle of campus. I wonder if something like a bowl would kinda cut the fans off from the "campus view". Also, from what I've seen of the new renderings, plus hillside seating and possibly portable bleachers at the end zones, I could see the current configuration + west side improvements being able to seat maybe 20k people. Honestly, I doubt we'd ever need more than that unless we SIGNIFICANTLY increased enrollment, or somehow became the next North Dakota State.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

Scott we play Valley football in a Valley. :D

Really? no one busted my balls for typing "sweets"?
rocki

Redneck, are you kidding? In this era of social media spelling and grammar are lost arts.

I pick my battles...."sweets" was funny (and you never know if you're dealing with someone who really thinks it is spelled that way).
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yup...we in da valley.

I noticed the "sweets" but didn't point it out. I can be something of a stickler about grammar, but that tends to annoy people, so I didn't mention anything. Plus, suites are pretty sweet.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

hmmmmm, interresting marketing possibilities......W1U "The New North Dakota State" less snow less cold. :)