Summit League players transferring

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
meganeck

Thought maybe we can post any players from Summit League teams that we know are transferring.I will start it off

South Dakota St Guard Anders Broman is transferring
sealhall74

On our own women's side, JD apparently lost a couple as well. Krystal Korhn (Junior JUCO transfer) and Tayler Miller (freshman redshirt I think) no longer on roster.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

wow, guess you're right no longer listed on the roster. Not surprised about Kohrn didn't play much and from what I saw didn't seem like she was excited like other bench players. Kinda surprised about Miller.
sealhall74

meganeck wrote:wow, guess you're right no longer listed on the roster. Not surprised about Kohrn didn't play much and from what I saw didn't seem like she was excited like other bench players. Kinda surprised about Miller.
Korhn actually started several games early on. You hear about baseball pitchers suddenly losing control and can't find the strike zone. Something similar may have happened to Korhn with her shot. From what I could tell, she liked to shoot with the ball behind her head and with a lot of wrist cock action. Either one of those will usually lead to big trouble. Not sure if the coaches tried to adjust her shot, but it was just not there. I did like her quickness and ball handling ability. IMO, that kind of player (one who can handle the ball, explosively penetrate and finish in the paint or dish it off to a big) is the missing ingredient to take team to the next level.
meganeck

Seen today that Gage Davis, a freshman guard, for IPFW is transferring.
sealhall74

IPFW losing 3 total, Denver 1, Omaha 1, and SDSU 1 SO FAR.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2015

Also a rumor post somewhere that NDSU Freshman Jake Showalter may be transferring to a DII school.

Barry Hinson losing 4 at SIU. This is not a stat you want to be leading in.
WIU0812

The SIU total is at 5 as Deion Lavender is transferring as well, I can not figure out where he is transferring to, but we had a scholarship offer in and I thought had a chance of landing him before maybe he will decide WIU is the right place now. We could also go after the Jordan Caroline who is their 6'7' Forward who lead team in rebounding. That would be a great addition to our defense!
sealhall74

The "free agent" transfer blitz is out of control. Kids need to come in with realistic expectations of playing time, especially during their first two years. Realistically, coaches cannot play more than 7 or 8 players and still expect to win. If kids are misled, that is on the coach. However, I think it is time to turn the clock back to pre-1972 days when freshman were not eligible to suit up for games. Let them hit the books and weights during that first year. It would be good for the game in the long run.
sealhall74

ORU losing 5 players. Billbury was suspended in late February and 4 others now exit stage left in "trunks and tails" fashion. That will hurt the conference RPI for sure.

[tweet]582647810182402049[/tweet]

ORU also adjusting some Residential Hall rules to allow co-ed visits with sign-in and open door policy. Also having some mascot identity problems these days - considering going back to the Titan. Next thing you know, they will be dropping "Oral" and just going with Roberts University. My Oh My!
meganeck

Former Iowa Guard Trey Dickerson is transferring to South Dakota