Which Stadium is D-I?

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
Western_101

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Thoughts?
wiu712

Pittsburg State does have a nice-looking football stadium.
They are the only college that uses "Gorillas" as a team name.
http://www.pittstategorillas.com/common ... d-2011.jpg
beauspencer

Can't build a nicer stadium without money.
WIU0812

Could of designed our upgrades better like not placing stands 50 feet from track.
leatherface

Pitt doesn't send its teams all around the country trying to compete in an arena it can't afford either. I'm sorry folks, but WESTERN apparently can't afford to maintain the seats in its premier sport. Is it really wise to spend money on routine travel to the Dakota's, Oklahoma, Colorado etc?

Still a WESTERN supporter.
sealhall74

The $64K question that someone needs to address is just how long we can keep going with the crumbling concrete, no handrails, no air conditioning in the press box, etc. Seems to me that we could do some things that could still be leveraged in the future. Some no-slip paint on the stairs, handrails, air conditioners, and maybe some new (or even used) stadium seats should be under consideration for now rather than later.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

There are definite Life Safety Code issues with the west stands: crumbling concrete, no hand rails, splintered wood benches in Sections A, B, F, G.

Perhaps a change in the paint color from the current pale sandstone should be considered.
Tere North

Unless something is done, I foresee the westside could effectively be condemned. It might even serve us well to close it before that happens. It would only take one accident as a result of the unsafe state to cost us more than fixing it.

And while not the best situation, having all the fans on the east side would at least come closer to filling the stadium. Plus, for all of those who haven't set on the east side, they'd find out how nice it is.
Neckfansince71

Well let's try this again! Warning, don't leave the "post a reply" unfinished ie. or better yet make sure you save a draft because if you don't and you press submit after your brand new fridge is delivered it may ask you to sign in again and what you have carefully written will be lost. Ugh :o jc
sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote:Well let's try this again! Warning, don't leave the "post a reply" unfinished ie. or better yet make sure you save a draft because if you don't and you press submit after your brand new fridge is delivered it may ask you to sign in again and what you have carefully written will be lost. Ugh :o jc
Been there, done that several times, NFS71 (except for the fridge part - mine still going after 25+ years, knock on wood).
Embrace the pace of the race.