Tommy Bell Gone

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
sealhall74

If we can't have the "figure head" as boss, then I would be more than happy with the guy/gal who can run the department like a real business. What corporate VIPs don't rely on dashboards these days? Indicators I would be interested in are things like wins, losses, conference awards, attendance, graduation rates, Leatherneck Club memberships, scholarships awarded, customer satisfaction at the hot dog line, etc. Now, if, during the interview, the guy/gal tells me they want to publish these indicators on the main athletic site, I would hire them in a New York minute.
Embrace the pace of the race.
BobLovely

Wow! I get busy running my business and miss this event. Tommy was certainly a short-timer. Western needs an AD with DI experience or a candidate from an upper tier DII school where football is highly successful. An upcoming Assistant AD from a Power 5 conference would also be an excellent candidate.

Bob
WIU0812

Not sure if U of I has any good Assistant AD's, but they would most likely be ideal as they already know all about Illinois and the economics of the state along with being from a DI school. Though they do not have the being good at football thing down anymore.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU0812 wrote:Not sure if U of I has any good Assistant AD's, but they would most likely be ideal as they already know all about Illinois and the economics of the state along with being from a DI school. Though they do not have the being good at football thing down anymore.
I wonder if there might be someone from Northern that might be a good choice: http://www.niuhuskies.com/staffdir/niu-staffdir.html
Also Div. I, relatively successful FBS-level football program, also familiar with the intricacies of Illinois financial situation.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU0812 wrote:Not sure if U of I has any good Assistant AD's, but they would most likely be ideal as they already know all about Illinois and the economics of the state along with being from a DI school. Though they do not have the being good at football thing down anymore.
I wonder if there might be someone from Northern that might be a good choice: http://www.niuhuskies.com/staffdir/niu-staffdir.html
Also Div. I, relatively successful FBS-level football program, also familiar with the intricacies of Illinois financial situation.
Plus, they know how to take care of "The Yard" (open sale of alcohol, food vendors, big screen). What a novel idea.
WIU0812

true plus it is also more likely we could compete with the salary of their assistants ad vs our actual ad and they are definitely smaller than u of i with left funding so all in all it probably wouldn't be a bad choice I also as they did recent additions with the new track and soccer complex and they are going to add on to their football stadium
meganeck

Any word on how the search for a new AD is going? When they hope to have a new AD in place?
wiu712

meganeck wrote:Any word on how the search for a new AD is going?
We probably won't hear anything until the finalists are announced. That's the way things went in 2013. The finalists will then be scheduled for an on-campus interview.
LocalFan

Doesn't the position have to be posted first? That's what I recall about the last search. A posting, period of no information, and then announcement of finalists. What's taking so long??
sealhall74

LocalFan wrote:Doesn't the position have to be posted first? That's what I recall about the last search. A posting, period of no information, and then announcement of finalists. What's taking so long??
Also seems strange that our current coaching vacancies (basketball, tennis,...) are not listed on the main WIU employment page. If those jobs have not already been filled, something is amiss IMHO. If they are still open, is it just a minor oversight? Hardly, as it could provide a clue to potential job seekers as to how much attention to detail is going on in an organization. Perception is everything.

https://wiu.interviewexchange.com/stati ... jsp?c=1099