Western (and MVFC in general) putting more games on ESPN3

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/article/2 ... /2000/NEWS

Personally, I love this, since it means that when Western is playing away games, I don't have to scrounge around online for a crappy stream to watch it. I can just pop open the ESPN app on my Roku and watch Western football live on my TV.
This also increases the visibility of the conference nationwide, which is always a good thing.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

We need a like button on here so I could like this 1 million times! ESPN3 is great for the university and the alumni. I liked the sidearm version, but I always thought the quality was higher and the broadcasts were more profession when they were placed in ESPN3. This means a better viewing experience for fans! I am really excited for the beginning of the season as I already purchased a new sound system and TV for my house and you can bet I will be watching every game I can not attend especially on a quality website like ESPN3.
WIU0812

They can also tell their recruits hey if you cant make it for a game this weekend why don't you tune in to ESPN3 and watch us and get the feel for our program that way. What a way to sell recruits!
Neckfansince71

Tommy Bell pushed this along big time. A nice ending to a short 2 years. Tommy is a class act and will be missed but life and WIU Athletics will continue to move on. I for one will be pleased as punch when the Necks thrash the Saluki dogs this coming season! ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Update on this.

Now, occasionally things will change in terms of what games get broadcast (I remember one last year that said it was going to be on ESPN3 but didn't end up being on), but this bodes well:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/tea ... _/id/2710/

According to ESPN, all games except for two will be on ESPN3, including all home games. The game at Illinois will be on the Big 10 Network (BTN), and at this point, the game at Coastal Carolina is not being shown.
But if you have access to both ESPN3 and BTN, you should be able to watch all but 1 of Western's games this season. You might have to do it on a computer (logging into WatchESPN or BTN2GO), but you can watch them.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000