LEATHERNECK CLUB MEMBERSHIP

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
KippJones

Hey Seal... We had Interim Dir. of Athletics Matt Tanney in this morning who wanted to & did thank everyone for their support. Reminded potentials that $10 will get you started. He made a quick note that the athletics dept. would tally/Tanney up the #'s and you might expect an official release in the coming weeks. I can't tell you the amount of press I personally gave the "drive" during the my sports reports (and not at all taking any credit) but he would estimate the #'s are up. For some reason, I failed to get mine in, but will be doing so soon, even after the fact. In all honesty, I could care less about any benefits that's not why I've given in the past.

Matt also added there are plenty of ways to support WIU Athletics: corporate sponsorship, purchasing football/basketball tickets, or by attending the 26th Annual P&G Auction, Sat. August 15th at 5pm. Tickets are $35, or purchase a corporate table for eight... register at wiu.com/alumni. Can't make it? Send in a monetary donation, or an item/services to be auctioned off.

He also mentioned some house-keeping, carpentry, clean-up to the West Side of Hanson Field, and wanted to thank the entire athletics staff, and that he can be reached via email on the website or stop by 103 Western Hall.
KippJones

Whooops... I guess that should've been directed to LeatherFace, but Seal... good to see you're doing well too, haha. Hope everyone has a great 4th!
leatherface

Kipp- thanks for your follow up. It will be interesting to see final numbers.
leatherface

He's got the numbers- no one has a major fund drive and not know daily where they are at. Maybe he's waiting on some late sign ups. Why wait a few weeks? I guess we will see.
WIU0812

Ya I would of liked to see a weekly update while people sign up saying approx dollar and person amount who signed up
leatherface

I'm sorry, but you can't ask, and ask, and ask people to give hard earned money to your major fund drive, along with a deadline to give, and not publicly ( and timely) announce if it was successful or not. People would be expecting an announcement if it is a success or not. To wait and " might expect an official release in the coming weeks" is a poor business practice. :o
sealhall74

leatherface wrote:I'm sorry, but you can't ask, and ask, and ask people to give hard earned money to your major fund drive, along with a deadline to give, and not publicly ( and timely) announce if it was successful or not. People would be expecting an announcement if it is a success or not. To wait and " might expect an official release in the coming weeks" is a poor business practice. :o
Leather, the way I look at this approach, it could not be considered a "Major Drive" but just the usual course of doing business (get your money in before end of fiscal year to earn benefits for the upcoming year). A "Major Drive" on the other hand, would be to work the crowds which show up at the games this fall and winter with hopes of enticing newcomers to the club. Never expect a big announcement for doing business as usual.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherface

Seal- maybe you are right. I just looked at it as the major fund raiser for athletics, and carried a lot of importance. Maybe it is just a yearly drive, and business as usual. It just appeared to have more importance, especially when they added staff in Chicago and the Quad Cities to increase membership. I assume these two folks are paid employees.
WIU0812

Here is the release regarding memebership. Not a ton of details, but a nice overview of the year. Still have a long ways to go, but nice to see a few extra large donors coming out of wood works. I think most of WIU's alumni are going to be in the under $500 range in yearly donations.

http://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/7/8 ... 50335.aspx
sealhall74

I like the look of that new Leatherneck Club logo. When are the lapel pins coming out for it. I want a dozen of them. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.