Roster Updated

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU0812 wrote:So they have Nikko as the starting running back then?
He's not listed on the 2-deep, so I don't know. RBs listed are Devon Moore (Jr) and Devon Sanders (So). I expected that Nikko would be 1 or 2 on that with Devon Moore and Sanders as the #3, but maybe Moore and Sanders have had more speed and maneuverability through camp and they want them as primary RBs with Nikko being more of a 3rd down/goal line RB. He's a big dude that's hard to stop...won't get a ton of yards, but can plow through a line and reliably pick up 3-5 yards when you need it. That's just my guess though. We'll have to wait and see how he's utilized on Thursday.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

I was just saying Nikko's not in the 2 deep as he'd be the "big back" backup to Moore and likely a short yard back for now. Sanders making the 2 deep as the change of pace guy and the one to be used in any 2 back sets with Moore.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

You're right, sorry...missed that bit in your analysis.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
KippJones

Coach Nielson mentioned at the Downtown Athletic Club lunch on Monday, that Nikko will play this season & expects him to be a contributor. He did mention Nikko would sit the first two games, but didn't add whether its a disciplinary issue or not, but he did mention Nikko had a good camp and has worked hard to get back in the good graces of the program. Sanders is expected to contribute as well, and we'll likely see him returning kicks.
meganeck

Interesting, thanks for the update Kipp