Ashley Luke Depature

Tere North

beauspencer wrote:
Even it the appeal had been approved, the Coach had already said there was no room for her on the team.
That doesn't make sense, because the basketball coach and athletic department has to sign off the medical hardship waiver. Had that been the case, a medical hardship waiver would have never made it to the NCAA.
She could play, but not under scholarship. All of those were already committed for the 2016-17 season.
Neckfansince71

I wonder if it would have made any difference if she was still at good ole WIU? I still don't like the "transfer" after graduation rule! It did benefit a player from my high school, Johnny Hill, who was basically run off of ISU's team, transferred to Texas Arlington, played and graduated and then transferred to Purdue for his last year of eligibility. He definitely made the most of the opportunity, but I still don't really like the rule! ;) jc
Tere North

Neckfansince71 wrote:I wonder if it would have made any difference if she was still at good ole WIU? I still don't like the "transfer" after graduation rule! It did benefit a player from my high school, Johnny Hill, who was basically run off of ISU's team, transferred to Texas Arlington, played and graduated and then transferred to Purdue for his last year of eligibility. He definitely made the most of the opportunity, but I still don't really like the rule! ;) jc
At least it's karma :ugeek: