2015-2016 schedule

Tere North

Still only 13 full D1 scholys so some are either splitting or without, though they can cover books without affecting scholys.
sealhall74

Practice has started. Do we have any candidates for this year's "Donny Doubles I Beefed-Up" award?
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

At least we added a couple of true bigs this year. They are young, but hopefully with some off season conditioning they can add some strength and step up and get some significant playing beginning right away. If nothing else, having some size inside will help to create some more room for covington and batish to get some open shots.

I am looking forward to the season already. Covington and Jabari are now upper classman. It's now their turn to truly takeover the Summit League. Batish, Fuller both got plenty of playing time last year to step up this year as well. Ancrum and the two new bigs should hopefully just compliment everything and make the team stronger.
sealhall74

Looking forward to a long next weekend in the Land of Lincoln. Hoops Madness on Thurs nite (should I be practicing up at the gym for the shooting contests or is that just a student thing)? Saturday FB in Normal should be fun too, especially with a win over them Birds. Staying in Springfield for the duration because I got a good air fare to St Louis and wanted to stay sort of close to airport. Never spent much time in the "Flower City". Anybody have some must-see attractions or restaurants in that area? The only other thing on my agenda is a 5K Halloween race on Saturday night over in Paxton (it was the closest one I could find).
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:Looking forward to a long next weekend in the Land of Lincoln. Hoops Madness on Thurs nite (should I be practicing up at the gym for the shooting contests or is that just a student thing)? Saturday FB in Normal should be fun too, especially with a win over them Birds. Staying in Springfield for the duration because I got a good air fare to St Louis and wanted to stay sort of close to airport. Never spent much time in the "Flower City". Anybody have some must-see attractions or restaurants in that area? The only other thing on my agenda is a 5K Halloween race on Saturday night over in Paxton (it was the closest one I could find).
There is a 5K/10K that morning in Macomb. YMCA Haunted Hill Run. But if you're staying in Springfield, you probably don't want to drive up, do the race, then drive over to Normal for the game. I'll be heading over with my dad after the race, but I also don't have to drive 2 hours to get to Macomb in the first place.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:Should I be practicing up at the gym for the shooting contests or is that just a student thing?

Staying in Springfield for the duration because I got a good air fare to St Louis and wanted to stay sort of close to airport. Never spent much time in the "Flower City". Anybody have some must-see attractions or restaurants in that area?
Looks like you have to be a student to win one of the prizes at Leatherneck Madness (according to the Athletics press release). You can probably still participate in the half-court shot contest--just not win anything.
http://www.goleathernecks.com/news/2015 ... ath=mbball

As far as Springfield is concerned, the Abraham Lincoln Museum is definitely worth seeing:
http://www.lincolnlibraryandmuseum.com/index.htm

A Springfield pub & grill that I recommend is D'Arcy's pint:
http://www.darcyspintonline.com/