PLAYOFFS!!!!!!

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Regarding playoff site selection, someone posted the official rules over at AGS, so I'm copying it over here:
Site Selection
With regard to first-round, second-round, quarterfinal and semifinal sites, in addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1, the NCAA Division I Football Championship Committee shall consider the following additional criteria when selecting playoff sites:
1. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
 First round – $30,000
 Second round – $30,000
 Quarterfinal – $40,000
 Semifinal – $50,000
2. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top five seeded teams.
and then someone gave a good example that illustrates it:
If you bid 30K and your ticket sales are enough that 75% of it is 31K, they take 31K
If you bid 212K and sell 180K in tickets they are taking 212k leaving you with a major loss.
I don't know what our ticket sales usually bring in, but considering we're pretty low on the overall average attendance list, we can't be bidding very high if we don't want to possibly take a huge loss.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Playoff Selection story as seen on Sunday night's KHQA Sports with Will Wilson:
http://khqa.com/sports/do-or-die/wester ... layoff-bid

Playoff Selection story as seen on Sunday night's WGEM Sports with Sean Barie:
http://www.wgem.com/story/30581973/2015 ... s-playoffs
WIU2DC

Is it a sure thing that Norvell is out for the playoffs? Personally I'd like to see what Mcgurie can do in the playoffs.

Also, I have seen a lot of people (other message boards) complaining about rematches. But I can't wait for our possible rematch against ISU. I know they're a very good team but you don't win championships by playing MSU every week. Plus, I'd love to rain on their parade.
sealhall74

Screw the one game at a time mentality. Knock on wood, I am looking ahead. What is going to be the ticket situation should we advance from Dayton game? Hopefully, it will be an improvement from the last time we played there and Leatherneck fans can be packed a little closer together instead of spread out all over the place. You know that the Bison fans would be all over that ISU ticket sight like stink on poop. So should we.

FYI, tickets go on sale TODAY at 9am CT. I will be there looking for something close in Section 121. Look forward to seeing you there. Hopefully this link will get us all there:

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce ... =&appCode=

BTW, Yes, I am already booked for Frisco.
Embrace the pace of the race.
BobLovely

Excellent news on the playoff selection! Based on their recent play, the Leathernecks should be able to beat Dayton. I like McGuire at QB the rest of the way this season. He is a better choice at this point. With sparse attendance likely in Dayton, the team should feel right at home.

Bob
rocki

Maybe this has been discussed somewhere and I missed it, but what is the status of Nikko and Devon Moore?
sealhall74

rocki wrote:Maybe this has been discussed somewhere and I missed it, but what is the status of Nikko and Devon Moore?
Good question for Coach Nielson Show if there is one tonight.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:What is going to be the ticket situation should we advance from Dayton game?
Illinois State hosted a 2nd round game last year (12-6-14) with Northern Iowa and had a crowd of 5,575. Seating capacity at Hancock Stadium is 13,391.

Tickets for the game at Dayton are $10. Illinois State is charging $25.
sealhall74

I had no trouble getting 2 in section 121. 712, if they don't sell out, they probably wont be too picky about what west side section people sit in but they sure did get antsy about on their homecoming day. Ushers checking tickets and forcing people to move to their proper section. Not a good situation for people who show up after game started. I am thinking a low student turnout because of the "term paper blues".
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:If they don't sell out, they probably won't be too picky about what west side section people sit in.
The weather will be the big key in the attendance numbers for that game at Illinois State.

I was over there at ISU for our game on Oct 24. Our tickets were for Section 123. But we sat in Section 121 instead as that was where most of the Western fans were located.