2 Candidates

Bell177B

MSU Bozeman has a core of controlling fans who are quite simply haters. No one has succeeded as in longer term as Bobcat coach. Look at their record of fired coaches' success after leaving Bobcats starting with Dave Arnold winning it all in 1984. Ash took over a program at the bottom of pile in academics, delinquency of the felonius kind and crappy facilities. Ash led the charge on all those. Look at the attendance numbers in his time. He did most everything for the university they, fans, alumni and admin, they could only have dreamed about. Had some key injuries. . Most of his players love the guy. He was masterful at graduating kids and doing what non FBS football can do. That's give them a chance at
life after graduating. In FCS, most of them are not playing on Sunday. He got screwed. I would take him in a heartbeat for one of the few true gentleman coaches in the country. MSU was stupid or rather is stupid. You people and your misdirected and naive Forum don't get what it's all about as in a quality coach you can trust to do what is best for his student athletes. Those kind of coaches are so rare. He performs his duties with "Quiet GoodTaste" and it is sad those in control don't value that quality.
ibleedpurpleandgold

Bell177B wrote:MSU Bozeman has a core of controlling fans who are quite simply haters. No one has succeeded as in longer term as Bobcat coach. Look at their record of fired coaches' success after leaving Bobcats starting with Dave Arnold winning it all in 1984. Ash took over a program at the bottom of pile in academics, delinquency of the felonius kind and crappy facilities. Ash led the charge on all those. Look at the attendance numbers in his time. He did most everything for the university they, fans, alumni and admin, they could only have dreamed about. Had some key injuries. . Most of his players love the guy. He was masterful at graduating kids and doing what non FBS football can do. That's give them a chance at
life after graduating. In FCS, most of them are not playing on Sunday. He got screwed. I would take him in a heartbeat for one of the few true gentleman coaches in the country. MSU was stupid or rather is stupid. You people and your misdirected and naive Forum don't get what it's all about as in a quality coach you can trust to do what is best for his student athletes. Those kind of coaches are so rare. He performs his duties with "Quiet GoodTaste" and it is sad those in control don't value that quality.
Actually Dave arnold won the title at Montana St and in his 3 other years they won a total of 6 games and he never was a head coach after that so he didn't have much success after leaving Montana St.
sealhall74

I watch things going on in Macomb mostly from a distance. Seems like every decision made there, whether on the academics side or sports side, is almost always the "safe" thing to do, one which does not rock too many boats. Safe almost always equates to status quo IMO. You try to save money by dropping the minors in academic programs. Mo was the "safe" basketball hire and had two good seasons in 5 mostly thanks to one guy in the paint. Hey, nothing wrong with safe, if you are happy with it, stick with it. My New Year's Resolution at age 59.5 is to stop living the safe and comfortable life and start taking a few gambles. First order of business: order me a pedal kayak (yes, pedal,not paddle and there are only two companies on the planet that make one) and start rigging it up for some early spring fishing in Virginia. BTW, I don't swim well.

Update: The two "pedal" kayak companies are Hobie and Native Watercraft. Native Watercraft is the only one which lets you pedal and go backwards. For a fisherman, that is a game-changer.
Last edited by sealhall74 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Story about Coach Ash's visit to Macomb as seen on WGEM Sports with Ben Marth:
http://www.wgem.com/story/30864581/2015 ... head-coach
huskie

Per Football Scoop Ash no longer an option,

Western Illinois: Per source, Rob Ash has withdrawn from the process. Ash and Richmond offensive coordinator Charlie Fisher visited campus this week.
Leatherneck57

Correct...Ash withdrew his name about an hour ago. An offer is on the table to Coach Fisher whom I feel will be a great fit for our program.

I enjoyed meeting Coach Ash yesterday and felt he would have done a nice job but also felt like he danced around the questions pertaining to his defensive philosophy. I understand that he had some Buck Bucannon award winners but that is an individual award and has nothing to do with the entire defense as a group. Anytime you have a defense give up that many points and not get the issue addressed you're gonna have problems. His answer was simple...I was gonna get that fixed and he even said himself he didn't handle that situation correctly.

Former Neck
Tere North

Hey Leatherneck57. Which coach brought his wife along while he interviewed for the FB HC position?
ibleedpurpleandgold

Tere North wrote:Hey Leatherneck57. Which coach brought his wife along while he interviewed for the FB HC position?
i know ash did i didn't go to fisher so not sure about his.
ibleedpurpleandgold

Leatherneck57 wrote:Correct...Ash withdrew his name about an hour ago. An offer is on the table to Coach Fisher whom I feel will be a great fit for our program.

I enjoyed meeting Coach Ash yesterday and felt he would have done a nice job but also felt like he danced around the questions pertaining to his defensive philosophy. I understand that he had some Buck Bucannon award winners but that is an individual award and has nothing to do with the entire defense as a group. Anytime you have a defense give up that many points and not get the issue addressed you're gonna have problems. His answer was simple...I was gonna get that fixed and he even said himself he didn't handle that situation correctly.

Former Neck
i agree i asked him several questions and felt like he danced around some of them but i didn't think that he would have been a great fit and it sounded like he had some good ideas to bring fans into the stands.
vatusay

95% sure that Fisher brought his wife also.
#ALLIN #YOLO