Ash Withdraws

meganeck

Per Footballscoop.com Rob Ash has withdrawn his name.
vatusay

Just saw tweet, you beat me to it!! Lol

Well now makes tanneys choice pretty easy, that is if those were the finalists.

Said he had other job opportunities. Assuming he took one.
#ALLIN #YOLO
meganeck

That is what I assume, he got another job... Scott said he was a candidate for Southern Utah, so I wonder if it was there.

So will Fisher be the choice now and maybe Ash was hinted to that he wasn't getting the job, or will they look at other candidates.
vatusay

That's what made the wording on the press releases intriguing. I wonder if the chose "candidates" over "finalists" for a reason?
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

Tanney has a JD. Not stupid. He knows that what they can offer in salary may not be good enough to seal the deal with anyone.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

Seal, isn't it bad luck to start the New Year off talking all depressing like that? ;) :lol:
sealhall74

rocki wrote:Seal, isn't it bad luck to start the New Year off talking all depressing like that? ;) :lol:
I don't believe in luck, good or bad. As a realist, I rely on facts and past events to predict the future. ;)
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote:Tanney has a JD. Not stupid. He knows that what they can offer in salary may not be good enough to seal the deal with anyone.
Ash was making 175k and Macomb is actually 26% lower cost of living (if you believe those sites), so he couldn't be looking for a raise after being fired.

Not aware of his previous bonus potential and assuming ours will be scaled back a bit from what Nielson had, but would expect our next coach to fall in the 175k range. That would already be a savings each year.

Wonder if he didn't like the visit or has something else locked in. Not just an HC position either. Maybe similar to Mo, go be an assist somewhere bigger and finish off your career making more money with less pressure.
vatusay

SUU beat writer confirms Ash interested in HC gig there. via bobcatnation.com
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

My maybe mistaken impression of him was that he was a very outdoorsy, health conscious kind of guy. He did look a very young 65ish. If I am right, Cedar City would be a much better fit than Macomb. BTW, Bozeman has a similar lifestyle and actually comes in ranking #11 on the best mid-sized cities in the country. To be perfectly honest, I could not image him in Macomb for any reason other than a desire to kick butt in the Valley and satisfy a certain football itch that he had yet to scratch.

http://www.livability.com/mt/bozeman/re ... place-live