Fisher named as head coach

Leatherneck57

brewer2125 wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:Weekly Vines maybe?...or even daily, with a different football player each day.
Snapchat would also work, but you'd have to make sure to promote the account to get students to follow it so they'd see the snaps.
Twitter and Instagram still get pretty decent traction these days as well.

Facebook for the local/older fans.
A couple of comments. First, I am in agreement with LN57 (and others echoing his comments) on this. This is all good. To add my two cents, success comes when we understand this is a 2 way street - everything can't be on Fisher's shoulders alone. People have to (and have already I'm assuming) reach out and send e-mails, texts, whatever, directly to him saying we are really glad he is here and that we are all 100% behind him. I'm a former baseball Neck, but once the dust settles I'm going to send him an e-mail to that effect, and offer that if he needs a WIU sports alumn up here (Chicago Metro) to say hello or answer questions for a prospect's family, he can put my name and number on the list. And we should be doing the same with every coach for every sport - even if it is not the primary sport that we support. When they hire a new tennis coach (or in any other sport where there is a change), imagine if the coach is getting a barrage of e-mails not just from the football population, but from those who also played track, baseball, basketball, etc. in the past, that say welcome to our family. I'm sure it happens to some extent, but if it became the norm for everyone who pays any attention to WIU sports, then we have a culture, not just a program. And that stands to benefit every sport because other coaches will get word that this is the way WIU does it, and it may get us on the short lists of top quality coaches when WIU is hiring one. Have a great weekend all!
Well said brewer2125. I'm friends with Coach Brownlee and I had a some beers with him a couple of weeks ago at the Corner and we shared some good conversation but I asked if he would put me on is email list for program updates. He said absolutely. This past week he asked for my email address and I received my first baseball update. Some of my good friends while at Western played baseball. Bob "War Dog" Waropay, Greg Johnson, Eric Doss, Billy Marcuzzo, Joey Caravia, Ron Fiala.

Coach Brownlee is a great guy and I want to show interest in his program but I'm also following all Western sports now on twitter to keep updated on what's going on with their players and season. I can honestly admit that I've never done that before outside of football but when you attend Leatherneck Club functions and you get to know these coaches they are all great people and deserve the same attention. They work their tail off!!