Final FCS Poll

Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote:
letsgonecks wrote:So do we still owe Nielson his bonus for finishing in the top 25? Or since he's no longer under contract with us, is it all clear. Believe it was 5k.
I would assume not. If they essentially "tore up" the contract, then any items in the future should be null and void. Then again, I'm no lawyer.

I would imagine it depends on timing. He left before the final rankings, so we would not be entitled to anything that happened after that. We have and AD with a law degree, and maybe contract law was one of his specialties.
rocki

So, as long as we're asking, is there anything Western gets back out of him leaving his contract a year early?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote:So, as long as we're asking, is there anything Western gets back out of him leaving his contract a year early?
I think we decided no, probably not. The contract was originally for, I think, 5 years, but there were no buyouts or penalties beyond the 2 year mark.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

Thanks, Scott. I knew we had to pay him if we opted out before 3 years, but didn't know about the other way since it ran through 2016.

Too bad, maybe he could have made an initial payment on revamping the west side......... :lol: