Lost Recruits

LeatherCy

WIU Alum and Leatherneck Club member from Chicago texted me today we lost the QB from Niles Notre Dame I believe, to SD. Not really surprised. Scott..do you have any idea how many commits we had have went elsewhere? Thanks.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

LeatherCy wrote:WIU Alum and Leatherneck Club member from Chicago texted me today we lost the QB from Niles Notre Dame I believe, to SD. Not really surprised. Scott..do you have any idea how many commits we had have went elsewhere? Thanks.
Yes, Tyler Tsagalis decommitted the other day. We've been tracking commitments and offers over in the recruiting section/thread here: http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/ ... 7&start=20

The last post from ibleedpurpleandgold sums up pretty much what it's looking like right now:
ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:I think we'll keep Reutz, Sanft, Judge and Andrews and the rest will be gone it think Cleveland will go to NDSU and Powell to south dakota.
Not a big deal losing Tsagalis, I think we're likely set at QB for a while, with a talented Sophomore (McGuire), a couple of promising-looking Redshirt Freshmen (Noah Shanklin and Jack Beneventi), and a few others that could end up with some playing time. The coaching staff hasn't really been focusing on QBs this recruitment season.

Yes, we're losing a few, some are going to USD, some elsewhere (Bradley-King just committed to FBS Sun Belt team Arkansas State), but if you look through the thread, the staff is also very hard at work finding their own recruits and sending out offers...Malone has been hitting up some talent down in Florida, there's been some looks out east, and of course plenty of time spent in the Chicago and St. Louis areas. There's some promising looking kids out there with a lot of interest in Western...they won't all be the same kids we originally had our eyes on, but they'll be good.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000