Coach Fisher and Michael Jones - Road Trip

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

It was mentioned in another thread, but I'd thought I'd put some updates here.
Coach Fisher and Michael Jones (Assistant AD - Development and former "Voice of The Leathernecks") are doing a bit of a road trip to visit with some successful Leatherneck alumni and drum up some support for Leatherneck Athletics. You can see some of the comments about the drive over on MJ's twitter account (https://twitter.com/michaeljjones4)...apparently they had a great 30-minute conversation about Jay Cutler, who Fisher used to coach at Vandy... but I thought I'd post a few of the interesting photos and stuff here.

Up first was a visit with Steve Mills. Steve played football in the late '60s to 1970 and a few years ago made a substantial donation to help improve/update the football locker room and also have it named in honor of his aunt and uncle, Stephen A. and Katherine N. Mills.

[tweet]704400513002033152[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Then later, they headed down to Rosemont, IL and met up with two former Leatherneck football players:
John Passananti - OT in the early '70s, AP All-American in '73 & '74, drafted by the Vikings, now the Founder and Senior Managing Partner of a successful business financial services company.
Frank Winters - Center in the mid '80s, played in the NFL for 15 years including 10 with the Packers, is in the Packers Hall of Fame: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Winters

[tweet]704456332447981570[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
BobLovely

Great move by Coach Fisher! And, it is excellent to see some football alumni greats as they are today [two from my era]. Years ago, I had a cocktail with Frank Winters in Milwaukee when I lived there and he was still with the Packers. He was interesting to chat with. Frank, Brett Favre and Mark Chmura were known around the Milwaukee bar scene as the "three amigos."
vatusay

That, my friend, would be what they refer to as "living the dream." Lol
#ALLIN #YOLO