New Rule for 2015?

JoeWx21

Looks like the NCAA could be making some new rule changes for the upcoming season. Those changes are: the shot clock from 35 to 30 seconds, the restricted area arch from 3 feet to 4 feet, fewer 2nd half timeouts, and having 6 fouls instead of 5 fouls during the NCAA tournament.

What are everyone's thoughts on these possible new rules? Is the NCAA leaning too much to the NBA?
sealhall74

For me, 45 seconds is about the right time to keep the "team" and some motion in the game. Less than 30, you end up with four guys standing around or maybe one setting a totally useless pick for the "stud" who ultimately ends up creating his own shot off the dribble or firing a bomb from long-range.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

I like the 30-second shot clock, but I can see no value in increasing allowed fouls for the championship.
sealhall74

I have been debating the merits of the 30 second clock. Certainly will result in more possessions and more scoring. But does that also mean we will see more fouls and dead time at the the FT line? Already too much of the latter.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Rocky Swishterson

Less timeouts? yes, please. The game dragssssssssssssssssssssssssss at the end. Especially if it's close and there are TV timeouts.
But more fouls would negate the less timeouts in terms of length of game and stoppage of play. Think about it. If you know you have more fouls, you are likely to play like you do. Meaning, you will naturally foul more. The thing I like about basketball that some "thinkers" in the game don't seem to appreciate is that you can be penalized into oblivion as an individual. Guys like Dick Vitale want to eliminate fouling out completely, saying that it eliminates stars from the game. But if you are a star you have to be smart enough to keep yourself in the game by NOT FOULING.