Coastal Carolina

sealhall74

A lot of their games are also on ESPN3

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Here's a bit more about the financing of the move: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthr ... ost2245003
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

I did not see any mention of the Brooks/Hooters/Springs impact. What I like about their foundation is they are not finicky about where their money goes. Tigers, Gamecocks, Chants all enjoying a share of it. Regardless how good your administration is, without private support like this, no way can you compete at the FBS level and probably the same thing can be said for the FCS level. After Brooks died, the company became owned by none other than "Chanticleer Holdings". Very interesting. Now I understand what the poster on AGS was talking about. If you buy stock in Hooters, you probably are investing in CCU.

http://www.chanticleerholdings.com/
Embrace the pace of the race.
bodoyle

Hey guys. I would hope that we would honor the deal and play in Macomb, but who knows now and as you guys have stated that's a long ways off. I have not heard what the buyout would be, but I will check with someone who would know and let you know what I hear.

It has been a pretty chaotic past few weeks as a CCU fan with one local newspaper - and I use the term newspaper VERY lightly - completely fabricating a story using quotes from a SBC person who never spoke with the paper at all, all the way up to the "historical" announcement on Tuesday - which I was at.

Are any of you guys planning on making the trip to Conway in a few weeks?
bodoyle

I heard back from the person I asked about the buyout and he said that he is not sure of the terms, and said we may just keep the game on the schedule.
WIU0812

I could definitely see them still playing it rather than mess with the schedule. Yes it will be an away game, but CCU will still be young in FBS and will probably just use it as their game against a lower opponent without having to pay an FCS team anything. Probably looking at a few hundred thousand if they reschedule with another FCS team so it is at home. Could possibly throw some money the WIU way and they may change and just play at CCU. Not sure what schedule looks like for that year right now and if that would badly conflict with the WIU schedule.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Thanks for the info bodolye, and congrats on "movin' on up". I'm sure you guys will be a great fit in the Sun Belt. I'll be rooting for you guys to start tearing things up right away in your new conference.

I'd love to see CCU come to Macomb, but I understand that it may not work with the FBS "transitional" schedule. Like WIU0812 said, there's likely a few options that could be worked out to still allow the game to be played (and make it so both teams don't have to go finding other opponents to play that weekend).

As it currently stands, our 2017 schedule tentatively looks like this:
9/2 - @ Northwestern
9/9 - Open/TBD
9/16 - vs Coastal Carolina (originally planned for in Macomb)
9/23 - Open/TBD
9/30 - vs South Dakota
10/7 - @ Northern Iowa
10/14 - vs Missouri State
10/21 - @ North Dakota State
10/28 - vs South Dakota State
11/4 - @ Illinois State
11/11 - @ Indiana State
11/18 - vs Southern Illinois
We do not play Youngstown State in 2016/2017

So, really, if we switched to playing at CCU in 2017 it wouldn't be any different than this year except we'd be playing at Northwestern instead of at Illinois. Two away games, one against an in-state Big 10 team, the other at CCU, with likely a home non-conference game and an open date before kicking off conference play.
Summary:
2015 - vs Eastern IL, @U of Illinois, @Coastal Carolina, bye week, conference play
2017 - @Northwestern, vs OOC Team, @Coastal Carolina, bye week, conference play
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

If WIU is smart thought they will be asking for a decent return on changing their schedule to another away game. I am not sure what Sunbelt pays FCS opponents, but I am guess it will cost 50k or so to change it to an away game.
yokedneck

Watched the CC game on ESPN3. They talked a lot about their HC who left a successful investing career (CEO for TD Ameritrade) to return to coaching. A very interesting story

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-foo ... joe00.html

Tom
[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]