WIU - Week 4

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

To nobody's surprise, Western defeated Silver Lake, 84-49.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Football coach Bob Nielson spoke to the crowd at halftime. He reminded the crowd that three years ago, when he was introduced as the new coach, his goal was to return Western to football glory days.

He said that Western is now one of sixteen teams in the running for the national championship.

Western led by 15 at the half (41-26) and outscored Silver Lake by 20 in the second half to win the game 84-49.

Jalen Morgan led the Western scoring with 17 points. Garret Covington and Jamie Batish each had 14 points.

Attendance at Western Hall was 1,037.
cubsflag

wiu2008 wrote:Tate, Crawford, Garret, jabari, and JC need to play about 96 minutes in 3 days in SD... At the end of the day that's what needs To go down for a title... The rest of the guys are minor pieces .
not sure who crawford is?but anyways,i think billy way smarter than that.he seen first hand how that doesnt work.im sure he will play 7 or 8 guys even in playoffs.ITS A TEAM GAME.coaches who dont trust and play their benches end up being ASSISTANTS if you know what i mean.-lol
wiu2008

Chapman.

And you realize our last coach left to make more money right?

My point is we have 5 guys who have separated themselves from the rest based on positions.

Those are the guys that need to be on the floor to win a title.
sealhall74

wiu2008 wrote:Chapman.

And you realize our last coach left to make more money right?

My point is we have 5 guys who have separated themselves from the rest based on positions.

Those are the guys that need to be on the floor to win a title.
Three, maybe 4 have separated themselves from rest of pack. The #5 spot is up for grabs with no clear front runner right now IMO. I don't see how you can continue to start Gilbeck when he does not put up any significant numbers in the box score. He needs to learn to play more VERTICAL even though he is 6'10. Went thru HS never having to use more than his wing span to get the job done. Things are different now. Move him around from high post to low post to try to get him involved in offense somehow someway.
Embrace the pace of the race.
cubsflag

i think covington,sandifer and fuller have separated themselves.but all the big men better still battle because we have to get much better there.i could see 4 guys splitting minutes at the 4-5.and then battish and who-ever else should get some time relieving the 3 musketeers.