Tuesday Double-header (Dec 30)

sealhall74

Leathernecks hang on to win 74-62. As hot as the women were from 3pt land, the men were just the opposite (0-10). Dominated in the paint but that was to be expected.

We will learn much more on Friday.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Western shot 30 for 63 (47.6%) and was 14 for 19 on free throws (73.7%).

Attendance was announced as 871. But those staying over from the Women's game may not have been included in that total.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:Is Dalan Ancrum not dressing?
Dalan Ancrum played 12 minutes.

Only 8 players were used. Don't know why #10 Jamie Batish was not playing.
sealhall74

I guess it is possible that Billy wants to redshirt Tyson Reynold as well. He has played in only 5 games to date and that would keep him under the 20% of games limit. I think he also would need some sort of medical issue, but that is probably not hard to come up with (I wake up with little problems every day and am thankful I do). Not sure I like redshirting JUCOs but given the trouble we have finding big guys, it might be a good strategy.
WIU0812

Nevermind the injurys that was a very poor game we should be able to place our worst players out there and still blow a way a team like that.
sealhall74

WIU0812 wrote:Nevermind the injurys that was a very poor game we should be able to place our worst players out there and still blow a way a team like that.
WIU0812 wrote:Nevermind the injurys that was a very poor game we should be able to place our worst players out there and still blow a way a team like that.
Most DI teams cannot play deeper than 7 or 8 and still expect to have a legit chance to win against level competition. After those 7/8, there is a big drop-off in bench talent level. And the lower a team is on the NCAA totem pole, the bigger the drop-off in that bench talent level.

I actually thought Anderson U played us tougher than any DIII team we have faced in last 5 or 6 years. Jordan was a gamer. If they hit a few more shots in first half, this one could have been interesting down the stretch.