What happen to this team

cubsflag

Neckfansince71 wrote:If we use another school's model, he should be good to go! :D jc
not sure why you mentioned another school's model?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

cubsflag wrote:
Neckfansince71 wrote:If we use another school's model, he should be good to go! :D jc
I believe he's referencing ISU's RB Marshaun Coprich.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

I apologize for the snarky comment! jc
letsgonecks

Here's my issue with the inside play an choice of players. I think Gilbeck could become a very good player in this league and it's great experience, but they will not pass him the ball inside. You'll see them swing the ball and he'll have good position down low and they just won't give him the ball....ever.

That leads me to believe the other players don't have faith in him and from what I've seen, I'd agree. He's just not there yet, so keep Tate at 5 or go with Chapman. Though Chapman is undersized and a bit out of control to the hoop at times, at least he takes it strong.

Having Gilbeck taking up space down low isn't helping anyone. Without any in and out game, we will continue to struggle down the stretch. Look at all the forced last second shots we have to take because we only pass the ball around the perimeter.
sealhall74

What is happening on the court reminds me of what happened on the gridiron last year or two - an attempt to build an offense around a small and select few players on the perimeter. Not a good winning strategy from my vantage point.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

It would sure be nice to see the team that beat Wisconsin and waxed EIU and UIC (all on the road) show up again. Not sure what the difference is, but hopefully this team can put this stretch behind them and start playing like they have in the past.

Not sure what Miklusak was thinking. Obviously his priorities are not basketball if he is making these types of decisions during the season. I dont think he needs to be removed from the team, but a punishment will be coming I am guessing.
meganeck

I wish Billy would have redshirted some of the other big guys we have, but it doesn't look like it since they have played sporadically. It seems like it will be a wasted year for them, but I'm sure he is worried about being short if injuries hit.
IlliniNeck

I think they will be fine. They are going through a rough patch but playing on the road is always hard. Fuller and Covington are both very good players and I can definitely see us making a run in late February, early March into the Summit League tournament.
rocki

Neckfansince71 wrote:I apologize for the snarky comment! jc
Why? I thought it was funny. :lol:
cubsflag

ST_Lawson wrote:
cubsflag wrote:
I believe he's referencing ISU's RB Marshaun Coprich.
most schools give one game suspensions for this violation.and it happens all the time,unfortunately.