GDT @ Cleveland State

wiu2008

This team is getting back to being the unwatchable embarrassment it was before Coach Mo arrived.

Yes last years team struggled record wise at 10-20. It also had Remy out most the year and Mo Conde out a lot.

We were in some dog fight close games last year that with a full roster we may have been over to close out, but thats how the game works.

This team should be drastically better this year and they are drastically worse. We have 2 standout freshman that are back for their 2nd year that should be much improved. We have some new recruits that appear to have talent but they are not playing well.

Hopefully coach wright will change his style up a bit and get back to the grind out basketball we used to play. It doesnt seem so boring anymore does it?
sealhall74

wiu2008 wrote:This team is getting back to being the unwatchable embarrassment it was before Coach Mo arrived.

Yes last years team struggled record wise at 10-20. It also had Remy out most the year and Mo Conde out a lot.

We were in some dog fight close games last year that with a full roster we may have been over to close out, but thats how the game works.

This team should be drastically better this year and they are drastically worse. We have 2 standout freshman that are back for their 2nd year that should be much improved. We have some new recruits that appear to have talent but they are not playing well.

Hopefully coach wright will change his style up a bit and get back to the grind out basketball we used to play. It doesnt seem so boring anymore does it?
With this same supporting cast of players, a Mo team would be about 10 points closer at final buzzer. That is all.
Embrace the pace of the race.
cubsflag

lol--thank goodness we are only the fans.you dont just SCRAP everything on dec.8th of a coACHES VERY FIRST YEAR.-----------------------------------------------i like the style their playing and think wiu should be able to get some nice recruits.and at least a lot of players are getting experience and competing for time.this will payoff in long run.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------wiu just cant shoot at the moment.but most are getting shots at the d-1 level for the very first time.even the best shooters take time,especially on the road---i though they tries to go down low early but missed a couple of layups and it seemed that was it.
beauspencer

I was expecting WIU to be more competitive in the most recent road trip, but even at the beginning of the year I didn't expect them to come within 10 points of either Akron, William & Mary, or Cleveland State. I do like the potential this team has. Right now it's all about adapting to a new style and adjusting to playing with each other. No panic button need be pressed. We're looking at an entirely new team with an entirely new head coach. The Leathernecks will be on the low end of the "W" column this year, but I expect a much improved squad come March.
wiu2013

wiu2008 wrote:This team is getting back to being the unwatchable embarrassment it was before Coach Mo arrived.

Well, wiu2008 you could stop watching and then you won't be embarrassed! People complained about Coach Mo ball and now they complain about Coach Wright ball. Someone is always going to be unhappy and find something to complain about. Remember Rome was not built in a day, so don't expect this team to be complete after 8 games!
Necks2003

I had the fortune to play for the wiu baseball team in 2001 when I think we started the season 0-21 playing mostly top 25 ranked teams in the country. While the losses were tough, they were not a true reflection of the talent on the team, we did not even have the capability to practice outdoors until the end of March. Hopefully this is the same with current years basketball crop coming in with a new offensive scheme and players running it. the main thing is getting ready to make strides for conference and tournament play.

On a side note I watched IPFW tonight against Purdue and they have some bigs that will present the rest of the summit league some problems. Summit league teams generally are not able to get a lot of bigs with any real size and mobility.
wiu712

Three Games on TV Tonight (Tuesday, Dec 9) with Summit League teams:

6PM on Fox Sports 1: IUPUI at Xavier

7PM on Fox Sports-Midwest: South Dakota State at Saint Louis

8PM on Fox Sports 1: South Dakota at Creighton
wiu51

I agree this team needs a lot of help. We are undersized and don't do anything good. I hope this is part of the master plan and he knows what he's doing.
wiu2008

Never said anything about getting rid of the coach. Not once. Also am on record saying that this was the best possible choice as coach. I stand by that. But there is a lot of work to be done and no I won't be watching as much I have to drive way too far to watch us get beat by 30. That's just the reality of it.