WIU vs Eastern Illinois (9/3/15)

beauspencer

I think every college thinks they have the slowest arriving fans. I live and work in Madison and that's also the number one complaint about the Badgers.
meganeck

Yes Nikko is suspended the first 2 games due to a NCAA violation
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

beauspencer wrote:I think every college thinks they have the slowest arriving fans. I live and work in Madison and that's also the number one complaint about the Badgers.
I'd imagine with any large group of fans you'll get a lot of them that are there just as much for the pregame tailgate/party as for the football game. If they can knock back an extra beer or hot dog before any "real" action happens, then they'll do that. I don't think there's much that you'll be able to do to get those people into the stands for kickoff.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

I know you are a married man,

Man, I like a guy that says " Me likes hot dogs and beer"
sealhall74

beauspencer wrote:I think every college thinks they have the slowest arriving fans. I live and work in Madison and that's also the number one complaint about the Badgers.
The Badgers have legitimate reasons why they can't fill up the student section until half-time (strong security checkpoint, vouchers have to be scanned, students have to make a decision about which cattle-herding chutes to walk through to gain access to a desired section, vouchers are exchanged for section tickets, sections rows must be filled orderly from bottom to top. When I was up there to see us play them, our restaurant waiter the night before game said it was like watching "ants in an ant farm" and I would have to agree after seeing it all unfold. I am amazed they all get in by half-time. We have none of that stuff going on. My feeling is if you want to keep drinking in QLot, you should stay there as you won't be much help to the guys on the field. Ask any kid going to a football game if we have any traditions in place. I would bet 97% would say they are not aware of any. Time to start a couple. The Revelry idea does not cost a dime and is worthy of a letter to the AD. Dear Matt, ...
Embrace the pace of the race.
yokedneck

Don't think there is much I can add to others comments.

Defense was a pleasant suprise given expectations coming in. The fact they are rotating 8-9 guys along the front bodes well going forward, and that depth may keep them in the game this coming Saturday. Youger players at LB and DB performed very well I thought.

Offense needs to eliminate some mistakes and keep improving. O line went with the starting 5 deep into third quarter when they were able to rotate 3 others in to get some experience. I think WIU was better conditioned. My son noted preseason camp was most physical he had been thru in a while.

Overall, enjoyed our (wife and I) first game experience in Macomb. I will leave my KC Royals hat at home now that I have Leatherneck attire. Still some Cards fans bitter over that 85 WS I guess;)

Tom
[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]