Ashley Luke Depature

WIUBBallFan

Ashley Luke has departed the program due to personal reasons. Going to be some big shoes to fill this upcoming season. She was a tremendous asset to the team and community. We wish her the best of luck!
rocki

Has she just left the bb program, or has she had to leave school completely? Hoping that whatever is going on will resolve itself and she can get back on track. With her scholastic record, it would be a shame if she was unable to complete her studies. Best of luck and all good wishes to her!!
WIU0812

Man this just is not WIU's year. It is slap in the face after another. Good luck to her and hopefully the program can pick up the pieces.
Tere North

WOW :cry: Say it isn't so. :x
sealhall74

ST, we need some more animated emoticons. I need one which sheds extremely large tear drops about now.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

rocki wrote:With her scholastic record, it would be a shame if she was unable to complete her studies.
Ashley earned her Bachelor's degree in December 2014. She was working on her Master's in Political Science during the Spring 2015 semester.
meganeck

WIUBBallFan wrote:Ashley Luke has departed the program due to personal reasons. Going to be some big shoes to fill this upcoming season. She was a tremendous asset to the team and community. We wish her the best of luck!
WOW WOW WOW, that is horrible news, First and foremost hopefully everything is fine with Ashley and she is leaving on good terms, but will be a big blow to the women's team. Good shot of winning the conference, now probably middle of the of pack or worse.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:ST, we need some more animated emoticons. I need one which sheds extremely large tear drops about now.
You can always post an image if you want. I think any of these would be fitting at this point:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

Here's the first I've seen mention of her "likely/possibly" leaving......other than on here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ben_wgem

I understand if she's ready to move on to the next chapter of her life after basketball, but still crossing my fingers she decides to give it one last go. Atleast it's not final and he mentions the decision won't likely be made until next month.

Really think Jasmine Patrick is going to be a beast inside, so having her and Ashley playing tough D and getting to most rebounds would make them a tourney team!!!!!!
sealhall74

I just watched some video of Jasmine. She definitely plays a couple of inches taller than her listed 6' height. A little hilo post duet action would be a killer for sure. I guess we can still keep our fingers crossed.
Embrace the pace of the race.