Iowa observations

Rocky Swishterson

On the Iowa game:
Seemed like WIU guys thought they were still playing Silver Lake. Absolutely no deference given to the superior athletes they were playing. Pass after pass made by WIU that was within reach of a primed and alert defender and oft-times stolen because of seeming lack of awareness that opponent was much, much better. Same with shooting. Took shots that would probably have been OK in the Summit League that were strongly contested or blocked by taller and more athletic players on Iowa. Yet they kept taking them, especially around the basket. And they kept getting blocked. Did anyone think to tell our guys that a head fake or two might be in order before shooting?
Did our guys really expect to hang with Iowa based on our own athleticism?
J.C. Fuller disappeared.
Jabari Sandifer, who is supposed to be a great assist guy, kept turning the ball over and over and over and over and over.
Tate plays up to his talent 100 percent. That's all you can ask of anyone.
Sorry, sorry effort at the beginning for everyone involved. That includes Billy Wright, who should have called two time outs before he actually called his first.
We missed an awful lot of chippies.
Game was over in the first five minutes.
Also, our freshman center just seems to be one of those unfortunates who gets fouls called on him for simply looking at someone.
Loyola beat Creighton. We got crushed by Creighton. I'm still going to the Loyola game when the Necks play in Chicago.
Probably not Chicago State.
vatusay

They were reminded quickly that they are a SL team, not BIG. I think they forgot.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Western_101

Perhaps we should look into scheduling the Macomb Bombers next season ....that would prepare this team better for B1G competition that the Silver competition.
cubsflag

i know wiu hate to loose that way but im sure that was first time any big 10 team actually prepared and came out ready to play against wiu.and when iowa is prepared and determined,at home,i doubt even south dakota st would come within 20.they were super hot but it was their defense that over-whelmed wiu.