FCS Conference Shuffling

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
wiu712

Saturday's Peoria Journal-Star listed these schools as possible candidates to replace Missouri State in the Missouri Valley Conference:

Wright State
Northern Kentucky
Texas-Arlington
Morehead State
Oral Roberts
Eastern Kentucky
Nebraska-Omaha
Saint Thomas
Austin Peay
UMKC
Bellarmine

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:24 pm Saturday's Peoria Journal-Star listed these schools as possible candidates to replace Missouri State in the Missouri Valley Conference:

Wright State
Northern Kentucky
Texas-Arlington
Morehead State
Oral Roberts
Eastern Kentucky
Nebraska-Omaha
Saint Thomas
Austin Peay
UMKC
Bellarmine

Personally, I think Northern Kentucky is a pretty likely option, although it sounds like some of the MVC fans are interested in Saint Thomas. NKU doesn't have football, and UST plays in the Pioneer League (like Drake), so neither would be much of an issue on that front. NKU has nearly 16k students and is fairly popular in the Cincinnati metro area, which is only barely outside the current MVC footprint (UST is obviously a bit further away). They have only been eligible for the DI postseason since 2017, but since then they've made the NCAA tournament three times and the NIT once. Truist Arena is their on-campus 10k seat arena, where they averaged 3,270 fans per home game. Also, their baseball team (of somewhat secondary interest to many MVC members) was above .500 last year and so far this year, as has been women's volleyball for at least the last handful of years. Also, if they want to replace a public school with another public school...they also fit the bill there.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Richmond is moving football only from the CAA to the Patriot League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sounds like Stephen F Austin might be headed back to the Southland. If the other Texas teams in the WAC follow suit, then it could spell the end for the WAC.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ST_Lawson wrote:Sounds like Stephen F Austin might be headed back to the Southland. If the other Texas teams in the WAC follow suit, then it could spell the end for the WAC.

Looks like it's official that SFA is headed back to the Southland: https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2 ... conference